The Legend of Amon (may have translation or scribing errors)
Scholars claim that Amon is what remains of the personality of a god who died of neglect (neglect?) millennia ago. Once worshiped by thousands, Amon eventually lost his faithful to more responsive (responsive?) dieties. His will was strong enough, though, to resist eternal sleep on the Astral Plane. (I should try and find an excuse to ask about an Astral Plane in class.) Since his demise, his half-existance as a visage seems to have dramatically changed his appearance, (he is now a black wolf with a ram's head and a serpent's tail), and personality. Once a calm and wise protector, a god of light and law, Amon is now a foul tempered and hateful spirit. (I suppose being abandoned by those you care for could do that to you, but I find it more likely His Excellency was the cause.)
I'm not sure I buy into this whole piece of a god thing, the research is sketchy and it's more likely rambling gotten from the vestige itself, but I don't even know exactly how all this works yet anyway. I'll pick it up quick though; I usually do.
Manifesting Amon can be a lot to take in. He arrives in smoke, snarling fire and cursing my name. But when quelled I'm given powerful nightvision, as well as fiery breath.
Of course I get ram horns as well. That one's a little hard to disguise, but useful for butting heads with stubborn students and professors. Haha!
There were notes of emnity between Amon and other beings. I didn't get the names exactly, but if my intellect and memory serves true it was Cyclopian, Eurynome, Carzus, and Leraj.
I'll definitely need to check and find out more before dabbling with any of them.
No comments:
Post a Comment