NABERIUS, THE GRINNING HOUND

I have decided to leave the exact details of the folklore surrounding the vestiges I study to more devout historians, and instead focus more speaking briefly on my experiences with as many of their kind as I can.

So briefly,

Naberius is cunning and his origin is shrouded in mysteries. Historians debate over which of his names or forms was his first. A short list I have discovered include Naberus, Kaberon, Cerbere, and Serberius.

A quote from a damaged text I found. (One day! I will have a library of my own!)

The ...s called Naberius, he is a most valliant ... & appeareth in ye forme of a ... about the Circle, & when he speaketh it is with a hoarse voice; he maketh men cunning in ...ces, but especially in ye art Rhetoric; he restoreth lost dignity and honours, &...its his seal is this, wch must be ...

Since it is mentioned here I will elaborate that if your not careful or not skilled enough he will impart his voice unto you, and you will love the sound of it, and seek nothing more than to speak with it the day long.

That said, his knowledge is golden and his tongue is pure silver. If this is not enough after a pact you can alter your form to be that of another.

In my personal experience my first day with this cunning hound did not go well. Not a single professor likes to be heckled or outspoken, but try I did, over and over. Punished I was as well, over and over. Although I did find it amusing that each thought I was mocking their tone.

As a last note, his appearrance in my seal is as such. A black crane dies, admist the seal, and a three headed hound comes forth to feast, and speak (most surprisingly amiable and eloquently) with the head who's mouth is least full.

No comments: