I started to try and record the events, but after what has happened now I think I'll start again.
Having been dispatched to find a package by my Lord's familiar, I wandered without trouble to Corcoran. There, while not learning much of the fate of the package, I found that the townspeople were searching for two of their children. I endeavored to help, and was joined by the two I spoke of before. We reached who we found to be Varel's hut, and with her and her pet Wolfie's help, we sought a cave where they may be found. Nibben, already there, joined us and we ventured in.
A lot of what happens next is a bit hazy, and I don't know all the details. The more I think about it the more real it becomes and I realize how different reality is than my perceptions.
We stumbled on to a mob of vicious, little, goblin men. They had Salbadore, a novice, lying bound and bare upon the stone floor. A struggle ensued, all of us fighting to save the man, and we were victorious. I gave Dorey (as I have grown fond of calling him now) my cloak, and we all talked briefly about what to do next. I have to admit; I was overcome by Aym's greed and slid several found items into my bag. One of which was a comb still attached to a bit of scalp from its previous owner. I am ashamed I was so overcome that this did not phase me at the time, and I gave all the items to the others when I forcibly removed Aym later.
I digress.
Deciding to begin explorations down a deep cavern we began preparing ours
elves. It was then that we were ambushed what we would later learn to be Yuhwan Ti. The result of the battle left all but myself and Nibben at the bottom of a shaft, apparently full of bat guano. I had been able to remain at the top, whilst Nibben had I guess gone to explore a different cavern. We found one of the missing children and a Golem of Fleshcraft, that for reasons unknown to me, was being directed by Markus.We attempted to make our escape, only to be ambushed by the Yuhwan Ti and the goblins once more. After a difficult encounter we made our way out, and back to Varel's hut.
There, some rested, whilst Laurie and I made our way back to town. We returned the missing child and from her report, the other child had been eaten by a giant snake. I was saddened for sure, but I don't think it really hit home at the time, as I had never met the child or the snake, so it wasn't quite real.
We all made our way back to the inn, where the next part of this adventure begins. I'll write more when I can.
No comments:
Post a Comment